BSc MBBS FRACGP MPH PhD FACD, Specialist Dermatologist
Visiting Medical Officer, Department of Dermatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Assoc. Prof. Erin McMeniman is a dermatologist consulting at 101 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane and provides inpatient consultations at the Mater Private Hospital Brisbane.
Having obtained her undergraduate medical degree in 2003 from The University of Queensland Assoc. Prof. McMeniman subsequently completed a Master of Public Health at The University of Queensland with a dissertation project in skin diseases in indigenous children. She completed her advanced training in dermatology in Queensland and was awarded a fellowship of the Australasian College of Dermatology.
Assoc. Prof. McMeniman conducts a medical dermatology clinic 2 sessions per week at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, treating a broad range of auto-immune, auto-inflammatory and reactive dermatoses such as drug eruptions, neutrophilic dermatoses and dermatoses of pregnancy. She has developed Queensland’s first multi-disciplinary clinic treating Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
Assoc. Prof. McMeniman has completed her PhD on the phenotypic and genotypic correlations in a cohort of patients with multiple primary melanoma. Her Masters of Public Health dissertation project was on skin diseases in Indigenous children in East Arnhem Land, and she still conducts outreach visits to Indigenous communities annually. Her other research interests are in public health and Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
Assoc. Prof. McMeniman’s published works include:
- Rayner, Jenna E., Jagirdar, Kasturee, Soyer, Peter H. and Mcmeniman, Erin K. (2017) Patients’ and doctors’ preferences for disclosing dermatology results. Australasian Journal of Dermatology, . doi:10.1111/ajd.12707
- Ngoo, Alexander, Finnane, Anna, Mcmeniman, Erin, Tan, Jean-Marie, Janda, Monika and Soyer, H. Peter (2017) Efficacy of smartphone applications in high-risk pigmented lesions. Australasian Journal of Dermatology, . doi:10.1111/ajd.12599
- Ong, Natalie, McMeniman, Erin, Pillans, Peter and Soyer, H. Peter (2017) A clinical audit of high-cost and off-label drug use in dermatology. Australasian Journal of Dermatology, 58 1: 30-34. doi:10.1111/ajd.12392
- Danesh, Melissa, Pomeranz, Miriam Keltz, McMeniman, Erin and Murase, Jenny E.(2016) Dermatoses of pregnancy: nomenclature, misnomers, and myths. Clinics in Dermatology, 34 3: 314-319. doi:10.1016/j.clindermatol.2016.02.002
- Saunte, D. M., Boer, J., Stratigos, A., Szepietowski, J. C., Hamzavi, I., Kim, K. H., Zarchi, K., Antoniou, C., Matusiak, L., Lim, H. W., Williams, M., Kwon, H. H., Gurer, M. A., Mammadova, F., Kaminsky, A., Prens, E., van der Zee, H. H., Bettoli, V., Zauli, S., Hafner, J., Lauchli, S., French, L. E., Riad, H., El-Domyati, M., Abdel-Wahab, H., Kirby, B., Kelly, G., Calderon, P., del Marmol, V., Benhadou, F., Revuz, J., Zouboulis, C. C., Karagiannidis, I., Sartorius, K., Hagstromer, L., McMeniman, E., Ong, N., Dolenc-Voljc, M., Mokos, Z. B., Borradori, L., Hunger, R. E., Sladden, C., Scheinfeld, N., Moftah, N., Emtestam, L., Lapins, J., Doss, N., Kurokawa, I. and Jemec, G. B. E.(2015) Diagnostic delay in hidradenitis suppurativa is a global problem. British Journal of Dermatology, 173 6: 1546-1549. doi:10.1111/bjd.14038
- Sinnya, Sudipta, Jagirdar, Kasturee, De’Ambrosis, Brian, McMeniman, Erin, Sturm, Richard A. and Soyer, H. Peter (2015) High incidence of primary melanomas in an MC1R RHC homozygote/CDKN2A mutant genotype patient. Archives of Dermatological Research, 307 8: 741-745. doi:10.1007/s00403-015-1582-y
- Anthony, Eleni, Lun, Karyn, Godbolt, Amanda and McMeniman, Erin (2014) Diagnostic difficulties in skin cancer detection within tattoos. Australian Family Physician, 43 10: 50-51
- Kunde, Lauren, McMeniman, Erin and Parker, Malcolm (2013) Clinical photography in dermatology: ethical and medico-legal considerations in the age of digital and smartphone technology. Australasian Journal of Dermatology, 54 3: 192-197. doi:10.1111/ajd.12063
- McMeniman, Erin, Moore, Romayne, Yelland, Michael and McClure, Rod (2011) Childhood obesity: how do Australian general practitioners feel about managing this growing health problem?. Australian Journal of Primary Health, 17 1: 60-65. doi:10.1071/PY10041
Clinically urgent appointments can be accommodated by contacting Central Brisbane Dermatology, 101 Wickham Terrace on 07 3831 4382.