Appointments are usually made following referral by your General Practitioner or Specialist. We welcome country patients and will try to accommodate your appointment with your travel plans. Please advise our receptionist if this is the case.
We also welcome overseas patients and visitors to Australia, and offer our full range of services. Please check your travel medical insurance coverage before your appointment.
- Please obtain your referral first and then have this sent directly to our rooms via fax +61 (0)7 3831 4387.
- Contact reception on +61 (0)7 3831 4382 selecting option 1 to make an appointment.
- Complete the Patient Information and Consent Form. This will ensure that you are seen with the minimum of delay on the day.
- Please ensure you bring to your appointment:
- A printed copy of the above mentioned Patient Information and Consent Form (if you didn’t choose to electronically send it during the previous step).
- The referral from your General Practitioner or Specialist.
- Your Medicare or Department of Veterans Affairs card.
- Copies of previous medical history or pathology reports from other practices.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your allocated appointment time to complete any outstanding paperwork.
- Please do not wear make up or nail polish or at least be prepared to remove it for your examination.
Please provide at least twenty-four hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you fail to attend to your appointment you may be charged a cancellation fee.