MBChB (UK) Dip Derm (Glasgow) MRCP Dermatology (UK) FACD Specialist Dermatologist
Dr. Lau is a contracted dermatologist who consults privately at Central Brisbane Dermatology and also works publicly at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane.
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatology
- Member of the Queensland Faculty of Dermatology
- Visiting Medical Officer, Department of Dermatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Admitting rights to Greenslopes Specialist Hospital, Brisbane
- Senior Lecturer, School of Clinical Medicine, University of Queensland
- Guest Reviewer for the Australasian Journal of Dermatology
- Previous participant of Australian Advisory Board for Pfizer
- Student Personal Advisor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Queensland
Dr. Lau has background training as a specialist physician in General Medicine (MRCP UK) prior to completing her dermatology specialist training in the United Kingdom (MRCP Derm). She moved to Brisbane in 2013 and has been a practicing Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists since.
Dr. Lau had received travel and presentation awards from the British Association of Dermatology, Scottish Dermatological Society and British Medical Laser Association. She has published on Lentigo Maligna, Photodynamic Therapy, contact allergy and dermatological surgery. During her training, Dr. Lau was involved in running the Hair Clinic and Vulva Clinic, which are her special areas of interest. She trained in the Dermatology Department of Ninewells Hospital, United Kingdom, a tertiary referral center for photodermatology and MOHs’ surgery, shaping her skill in general skin surgery. Dr. Lau also participates actively in student and GP teaching.
Dr. Lau is happy to accept all referrals for skin surgery, skin diseases (including acne, hair and genital skin disorders) and skin cancer surveillance and treatment.
Clinically urgent appointments can be accommodated by contacting Central Brisbane Dermatology, 101 Wickham Terrace on 07 3831 4382.